CYT Tucson is always seeking teachers in the following areas. Resumés may be submitted to our Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
A CYT Teacher’s Philosophy
- Dance (Musical Theater, Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop)
- Technical Theater (Sets, Stage Crew/Stage Management, Costumes, Makeup etc.)
- Stage Combat
By incorporating CYT’s Values and Objectives into everything he or she does, the CYT teacher strives to build character in students. Pre-planning, organizing, and communicating with the Artistic Director are major steps in reaching this goal. A conscious focus on the students as individuals must be of highest priority at all times, with the content of class instruction designed to meet their needs. A spirit of servanthood is an essential trait of any CYT teacher.
To train and instruct students in specified area of competence in such a way as to promote the development of character, self-esteem, and confidence.
- Must understand CYT's Mission Statement and Values and Objectives and be willing to incorporate them when performing job-related tasks.
- Must have theater experience and/or education pertaining to a class being taught.
- Must show evidence of ability to use appropriate and effective methods of instruction.