The Artistic Director (AD) provides the creative direction for CYT Tucson. They co-direct the organization with the Managing Director (MD), under the direction of the Board of Directors. The AD is responsible for casting a vision for the branch program and ensuring that the vision is successfully executed.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES
• Select classes, summer camps, and workshops to be offered each session
• Select the public shows for each season
• Identify and recruit teachers for classes, and Artistic Teams for shows
• Coordinate Parent meetings with the Chapter Coordinator (CC)
• Plan and administer auditions for each show (assisted by CC)
• Coordinate with MD the available budget for shows, classes, salaries, venue selection, and other major expenses. The available budget will be approved by the Board of Directors
• Assist the MD and CC with contracts for teachers, Artistic Team members, and other paid positions
• Coordinate with MD and CC dates for shows and classes, and the selection and reservation of venues and classrooms for activities
• Attend Staff meetings and Board meetings; present information as needed
• Assist CC with planning and maintaining the calendar of events
• Cultivates relationships and collaborative projects with community organizations, especially among other artistic groups in Tucson
• Understand CYT’s Mission Statement, Values & Objectives
and be willing to incorporate them when performing job-related task.
- Background in musical theater arts with experience in teaching, directing, and production; a degree in theater arts is preferred
- Experience working with families and children in a non-profit setting beneficial
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and characteristics:
• Can bring a strong creative perspective to children’s theater
• Proven ability to work in an environment with limited resources·
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Commitment to maintaining the highest levels of ethics and professionalism
• Ability to pass a background check
• Creative and resourceful problem solver
• Ability to work with diverse groups at all levels (Board of Directors, parents, teachers, volunteers, etc)
To be coordinated with Finance Committee
Please submit the following items in one PDF document with "Artistic Director" in the subject line and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls, walk-ins, or recruiters, please.
1. An original cover letter that briefly describes your interest in the position and our organization and a quick overview of how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position.
2. Your resume outlining your skills, educational and professional experience. Links to photographs of past productions are helpful
3. List of 3 professional references.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 22, 2018